A sexy smoky eye is my favorite look to create for all my celebrity clients. With the right products and a few easy steps, you can easily create the same soft, winged smoky eye that you’ve seen Lauren Bosworth rock on the red carpet!
- Prime eye lids from lash line to brow bone with LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer. This will help your eyeshadow glide on and create long-lasting, stay true color!
- Use a light eyeshadow to highlight from lash to brow.
- Blend a medium shadow on lid, in crease and slightly past the outer corner for a soft winged effect.
- Shade and contour the outer corner and crease with a dark shadow.
- Smudge the dark shadow along the top and bottom lashline.
- Coat lashes with 2-3 layers of black mascara.
Smoky Eye Do’s & Don’ts:
Do keep lips light so eyes are the focus.
Don’t overdo it. When applying dark colors, start with a little on your brush–it’s easier to add than take away!
Do use strong shades like black, gray and dark brown. You can also create a colorful smoky eye by using deep purple, navy blue or dark green hues.
As one of the web’s largest beauty sites, DailyMakeover.com constantly receives products from beauty companies for editorial review. Please read our Editorial Ethics Pledge if you’d like to know how we select products to feature.